Subject: [Harp-L] Danny Wilson and the GigList

Thank you for letting us all know, Tom.

Danny Wilson is a wonderful guy --and a true gentleman. He was so very
gracious to me not so long ago although we hadn't met officially. I've written
to him privately offlist, but not about what I'm about to suggest:

He's been doing an amazing job with the giglist --and it's a big job. It's
past time for some younger person who's good with computers and has some
involvement with disseminating the information about Gigs to the harmonica
community to step up to the plate and take over.

Danny's more than done his share and it's time for someone else. Think of
it as FREE Publicity for your own Band if you're a gigging musician.

For those perhaps not yet fully aware, the Gig List provides an invaluable
reference for gigging harmonica players and for those who wish  to attend
their performances. One member of the Band has to be an active  harmonica
player to get on the list.What better service can you give to your  community
than to get involved? It would definitely fit the criteria of SPAH's  stated
aim of: Preservation and Advancement.

I haven't spoken to Mr. Wilson about this idea --but in the past  when he
was ill or on vacation, I don't believe anyone stepped up or volunteered  to
take over from or to help him. Is it inertia? Lack of caring? I'm  sure if
the right person wishes to get involved Mr. Wilson would be more  than happy
to provide the details. Those are pretty big shoes to fill by  someone
dependable and able to make a commitment. Frankly, I think it'd take a  team at
this point, so maybe a gigging player would not be the best idea, but
someone definitely involved in the harmonica world.

If you haven't seen a previous Gig list --check harp-l's archives. They
came out on Wednesdays.

Elizabeth

"Message: 8