Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 14:10:00 -0700
From: Joel Fritz <williemctell@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Music editing - Fading out Pre-recorded music
	(mp3, etc)
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

One thing that's true of Audacity and every other audio editor is that
if you start with an mp3 file you'll have to convert it to wav
(uncompressed) in order to work on it and then convert the finished
product to mp3.  There's an unavoidable loss of quality.

  Audacity is a great piece of software, one of the best open source
programs around.