RE: [Harp-L] Battery powered amp

John,I always wanted one of those old original Pignose and finally bought one about a year ago. No regrets and in fact you can get a little tone control just by opening the cabinet  a little or a lot. I have had a lot of fun with it and it makes a for a good slave amp too. Harp or guitar. No hum with the battery mode. I love it (for what it it is) ie no frills)). Good practice amp. Good for "down by the creek" playing. Every bit worth the money and much better than the "mini" amps (IMHO).Buck