Re: [Harp-L] PA systems

I have to admit, I have not been following this thread closely, so my apologies if this has already been said. My band used to use a Yamaha mixer amp, 12-channel console type. This served us well and was a nice compact package. Over the years, we added various mains and monitor speaker cabs. After a while, we got to where we need more flexibility in the monitors and more power in the mains. Our sound guy went and ordered a complete PA system direct from Carvin (http://www.carvin.com). It included a console mixer with 18 channels and four monitor outputs, three amps, a pair of nice mains , and a handful of mics and cables. I don't know how much he paid, but he said it was much less buying it complete direct from the manufacturer than buying the individual (quality) components from a place like Musician's Friend/Guitar Center. He said they also had great customer service when he placed his order over the phone. The new rig is amazing: great sound, excellent construction, tons of headroom in power, easy to use. It is bigger than the old setup, but it should keep us going for a long time.

Seth

--
Seth Galitzer
The beatings will continue until morale has improved.