[Harp-L] RE: fire

Gary, sorry to hear of your fire. Assuming you have adequate insurance and are filing a claim, the same company that will remove the smoke odor from your home should be equipped to handle the amps. One method is to put things in an enclosed room with a negative ion generator, or an ozone generator for a period of time. The exterior cleaning is only a minor part and if you Google, "smoke remediation" you may gain more remediationinformation on how your home and other possessions should be handled.

That Google would give you information if you must do it yourself. Renting or buying a small ozone machine and using a closet with some air sealing around the door may do it in some period of time.

Dave

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 05:34:05 -0800 (PST)
From: gary eldridge <eldridgegary@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] fire

I had a house fire Fri. night. Eveyone got out ok. I saved most of my music gear, but now it really smells like smoke. I can clean the harps but any suggestions on how to clean the amps? All of mics and a couple of amps were at the studio but my champ and princeton really smell bad. And my fender pass port PA stinks bad. Any ideas?