Re: [Harp-L] Does a Multi-Fx like this exist?

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
<For my solo work, I'd like to have the ability to switch between three
<independent channels of amp sims/effects.  Right now, I can separate the
<effects, but everything goes through the same preamp to the PA.  In
<otherwords, I have the same eq and tone for my harp, bass lines, and
<beatboxing.
<
<Ideally, I'd like a three switch stomp box that would let me toggle between
<three channels at any time with one stomp:
<
<1. Set-up for harp (blues harp tone)
<2. Set-up for bass (fairly clean, eq, bass effect)
<3. Set-up for beat boxing (clean, eq, reverb)
<
<Right now, my Bass Driver DI lets me eq everything out of my looper, but
<with only one sound.  I have a separate bass octave pedal that I try to
<shape the tone with, and I use a M13 to add effects to lead harp.  For all
<my looped stuff, I tend to go dry - no reverb or delay.  My hope is there
<is something out there that would let me only use that and a looper.  right
<now, I have to use four pedals to do this.

A Zoom G3 was suggested, but it won't do this, because it only has one input, and if you've only got one input, you can't run three devices into different FX setups at the same time.

What you need is an A/B/C pedal (as opposed to an A/B pedal or A/B/Y pedal)--a footswitch that allows you to select between three separate outputs.  These are generally priced at $100-$200.  read the user reviews before you choose--some of these devices have a cleaner signal path than others, and it's worth the extra money to get something that passes the signal through without changing it.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick