Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic vs. Diatonic harps

The chromatic is capable of playing octaves throughout the harmonica
while spreading the mouth five holes and blocking the three middle
holes with your tongue.  The one exception on a standard chromatic
being 8 draw button in and 12 draw button in, which are two different
notes.

The diatonic has some octaves with a four hole spread, some with a
five hole spread, some while bedning one side of your mouth and not
the other and some notes cannot be played as octaves.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com