[Harp-L] Screw/Nuts for Reed Replacement Follow-up

Just a note that I was able to order just some small star nuts from
David Payne over at Elkriverharmonica.com.  David is generally an
awesome guy, but this made him extra awesome.

I already have hundreds of M1.4 screws (which can be a tad tricky to
find online too), but the nuts I had for them just sit too high.  I
did experiment with sanding them down, etc, but who wants to mess
around with all that?  The new ones should work better.

Regarding using new rivets, I just don't think I am that into it.  I
have some pretty much brand new harps I harvest from occassionally and
have found it just as easy to reuse the rivet.

While trying to incur a larger stock of consumable tools, I also
ordered a roll of shim.  That's right, a 6" x 50" reel of .001
stainless steal shim.  It was $16 on Amazon.  If you are looking to
buy shims in bulk (.001 seems to be the size that I go through the
quickest), there are  a number of sizes on Amazon.  The trick is you
have to include "stainless steel" in with the search.  Before doing
so, I was out of luck.

I also thought about ordering a couple more ceramic grinding sticks,
but it was tricky to tell what the end product would look like.  In
looking them up on Amazon, I stumbled upon some 6000 or more grit sand
paper for polishing...for those of you playing SP20's, or using things
like dymonwood combs, that might come in handy.  I am kicking myself
as I had also ordered some other things from a different site before
realizing they were on Amazon.  Gr!  One of those is more solution for
my Ultrasonic Cleaner.  I had been buying the 8oz bottles, but found
similar products under different names in much larger bottles.  32oz
of Eurosonic solution should last me a few years, lol.

Finally, someone asked me about the screws I use on MB's.  For the
coverplates, I use the same ones as the Hohner Crossover, but
stainless steal (not brass or brass-looking).