Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bill Haydu RIP / Steel Valley Harmonica Club

And I now understand why you refer to yourself as 'Mr. Cellophane',  Smokey
- if even George does it!<G>

Harry Feinberg comes regularly to the Garden State Harmonica Club meetings.
 In fact I owe him the copy of his performance at the recent November, 2011
 festival I've promised him. He makes sure to remind me if I show up
without it.  A bona fide WWII War Hero, he was introduced by Stan Harper on the
Festival's  big night. Harry is 91 and despite having to use a walker to
support himself  here and there still plays exceedingly well and loves to both
teach chromatic  and tell us his harmonica stories. Stan just turned 90 and
had those who  attended the Club's 40th Anniversary party in stitches with his
very funny  patter (between his amazing playing).

Neither of these men have lost anything to time or age. It's impossible to
think of either as past 90. Harmonica playing seems to provide more oxygen
to one's tissues and brain and  keeps one youthful longer. Hope it  works
even a fraction as well for me.

As for Bill Haydu, does anyone have photos to post of him and other SPAH
members we've lost? When I attend SPAH I have myriad wonderful  conversations
with so many chromatic players but don't necessarily get their  full names.
It would help to put a name to the face for those of us  who might know him
and wish to pay our respects?

Elizabeth

"Message: 7