Re: [Harp-L] Bill Haydu RIP / Steel Valley Harmonica Club

Wow!  There aren't many members of the old Steel Valley Harmonica Club
left.  The club closed its books years ago, but there still about 8 of us
left.... Myself, Chuck Rushen, Bob Dombroski, Herb Eck, Mike Seizer, Dale
"Pixie" Ensign, Al Sepesy, and Theresa Sepesy.  There maybe more, but that
is all I know of.

This club once had Jack Allison (top chromatic and trio player from
Pittsburgh), Vito Patierno (chord player from Johnny Puleo's Harmonica
Gang), Stephen Miklas (my father who from 1942-1945 played the harmonica
for General George Patton and General Dwight Eisenhower) Al Data, Lew
Martin, and Mike Smith (The Harmonica Brats), hosted the 1977 SPAH
convention, brought in top entertainers such as Cham-Ber Haung, The Sgro
Brothers, Harry Fineberg for other club functions.

My mom, Janet Miklas, was the treasurer of the club from 1978 - 1983.

Between 1997 and 2003, Bill Haydu (along with Chuck Rushen and 4 other men)
would come to my house in Grove City PA.  We would read various harmonica
arrangements for enjoyment and improvement.

Chuck Rushen is still living, but is bound to a nursing home.
I haven't seen Bob Dombroski for a long time, but heard he is still around.
Herb Eck is still playing and frequenting harmonica festivals in Virginia
and New Jersey and DannyG's picnic in Ohio.
Al and Theresa Sepesy are still around.. I last saw them in Salem Ohio when
I was playing Electric Bass for the Sgro Brother's concert in the park.
Mike Seizer gave up the harmonica long ago (when he got married).
Dale "Pixie" Ensign is playing in a blues band somewhere in Florida.

I continue to Promote the Advancement of the Harmonica.  I have to offer
both solo and duo harmonica shows, and concerts with bands and orchestras.
I have recently begun promoting the new medical harmonica, and have opened
my own harmonica repair shop.