From: Rob Nagel
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] RE: Hohner Crossover 5 blow reed sticks
Sent: 6 Jan 2012 15:43

I have recently purchased two Hohner Crossover Marine Band harmonicas, one
in A and one in C. Although I love the tone and the ease of bending, both
harps seem to stick on the 5 blow. If I hit them just a little too hard,
they are dead.

Is this a feature of the Crossover Marine Bands? They have both done this
"out of the box". Am I just dogged with bad luck, or can the harps be at
fault?

I know I have given up on Japanese harps, many of which also had dubious
notes. Seems like the only reliable harp model I have had is the Hohner Pro
Harp MS. I can hammer them as much as I want, the reeds are always good,
have never been let down yet.

I am rather a big chap (6'4" with a very large lung capacity). I was
wondering if I am just too robust for the Manji's and Crossovers of this
world. Or perhaps there is a simple explanation/fix/workaround?

Regards
Rob "Harpdog Bob" Nagel
Tulbagh
South Africa

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from WIND