[Harp-L] letting my imagination blow that horn

I did this one tonight. People often think they have to do overbends, different tunings, to create new sounds. The truth is the simple stock harp still offers endless sounds and patterns to be found for those willing to let them come to you instead of thinking them out. As I played this song I had vivid images go flashing through my mind of guns firing, dogs barking, a prop airplane firing up, a harley reving up, a symphony orchestra hitting a cresendo, hands clapping, geese honking flying overhead, fire ants running wild cause their mound was kicked apart by a little kid, an old wino pissed off his bottle was empty and throwing it down smashing it to pieces in the gutter. If you let the imagination run freely all kinds of cool stuff awaits that can never be duplicated because it doesn't follow normal music rules.  Most people are so locked into that they continue to try and make new sounds via new modifications to instruments that still stay in the
 accepted rule frame. Walter

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11340783