Re: [Harp-L] Re: Corian Combs

Elizabeth....the heroin of the downtrodden and misaligned, and the quickest person I know to come to someone's defense, reminds me that there are folks (Randy Sandoval for example), who use a laminate process of sandwiching materials cross hatched in such a way as to give the strength (like plywood), to overcome the tendency to crack. So, she feels that it all depends on whom is doing the combs. I have to agree. :)

I know that I had an experience whereas I cut a diatonic comb from Corian with a jeweler's saw and just as I was almost done, it slipped from the vise, missed the carpet on the cellar floor and struck the concrete. Whereupon it shattered. So, all I'm saying is that one should be careful with it.

Justin Tyme   (p.s. don't inhale any dust that won't dissolve)