[Harp-L] Re: Corian Combs

I think the corian are more durable than some of the acrylic.  I'd be
much more afraid of dropping those.  So far, in using corian, the only
two issues I've found are that it is a bit trickier to get flat.  You
also want to make sure it is buffed enough so the sanded side isn't
rough.  Secondly, it tends to show imperfections more than dymonwood.
I know you can polish the corian or use a multi-colored design, but I
think it has about the same durability as a Special 20 comb.  By that
I mean it will show signs of wear.

So far, I've found dymonwood that has been buffed to hold up really
well.  When it is lacquered, it is hit or miss by how it was
lacquered. In the end, I've decided that there is no perfect material
and that you just have to go with what works best for you.

My personal favorite is pink ivory.  I have a couple in the GM style
and LOVE them.  I don't have a favorite between dymonwood and corian.
For wood, I like bamboo by far the best, specifically how Hetrick
makes them.  However, they are trickier to clean than dymonwood and
corian.

With dymonwood, my only reservation is the dust.  It is important to
make sure you clean them off after sanding.  I can't imagine that is
any better to inhale than brass dust, etc.