[Harp-L] handheld acoustic harp recordings

Sometimes people ask me how can I keep recording myself so many hours a day and stay inspired? The short answer is because recording my music inspires me to keep making music. On a bit longer answer it allows me to hear how I acutally sound. The better quality one is recorded on, the more one can hear if their sound is really satifying to them. I am continaually aiming at sounding good enough to statify myself. Poor quality recordings mask the jist of what this is al about. The deep, little things, that can really make you smile or frown on your playing are lost on poor quality recordings. Having the gear to capture spontaneously created music allows me to hear how musical I am. No thinking to fall back on. Just unfiltered stuff coming out. I am about the musicality of the sound over focusing on specific techniques/aspects.

Rehearsed music just doesn't take me to this place anymore. It is a great high to follow the song as a listener instead of a performer yet I am the performer. A very cool feeling! I am the luckiest man alive to have made it to the point of having the facility to exercise all this in!

Here is a set of just vocals and acoustic harp- the most naked of all ways to perform. You hear it all the good and bad and most importantly how musical you are. The harps are stock marine bands. I added reverb to the sound to simulate what I consider to be the perfect sounding room for acoustic harp/vocals.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137

beware of my love
Id on't want anyone to see me cry
everyday gonna try harder than yesterday
what makes a man overdose
everyday we die a little more