[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 102, Issue 48

perhaps music should not be regarded as a competitive sport...

although, on second thought, I'm still proud of the pin I got in 1955 for being "the best clarinet player" in The S.F. Bay Area..... in the "Pre-Pimple" division, I'm sure...I was ten.

but not as proud as my parents were....

go figure.

actually, a competition might be just the thing....

could have divisions...

1. Best sight reading of an acoustic piece composed in the key of Bb minor by a now-deceased Germanic composer at mm= 210 when played by a middle-aged chromatic harmonica player with an astigmatism.

Ok I was wrong, NOW, I'm getting into it....

cool...

but also it would be nice if enough people got good enough on the chromatic harmonica that when people call you for work, their first question is NOT "Do you read music?"

I love that one... not once have I been asked that by people wanting me to play any other instrument.... and I've been doing this stuff for a long time....yeah, I got old. Took some years to do it, but my favorite trio, (Medicare, Pension and Social Security) arrived last year, and are good company these days.
ok, I'm done.

hey, 3N037... what's up?

jk