Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Festival for Beginner?

Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Eric Chason wrote:
"I just learned that Virginia Harmonicafest is being held close by to me. Do
events like this offer much for beginners?"

To which I reply:

Eric,

Do not think twice.  Go - you will not regret it.  I went to my first
harmonica festival (SPAH 1999) and it changed my musical life.  I could
hardly play but loved every minute of it.  There is nothing like hanging
with a bunch of harmonica-centric people to change your outlook on the rest
of the world.  You will learn tons and have fun and wonder why you didn't do
it sooner.  Harmonica festival folks are the most supportive, instructive,
and nurturing people around.  You will make friends for life.  And I
guarantee you will play a little with someone, somewhere, have a blast doing
it, and wish it wouldn't end.  Taking lessons is fantastic and important,
but attending a harmonica festival will get you amped up and committed to
your lessons and get you where you want to be a lot sooner.  Nothing like
it, my friend.

Fred S