Re: [Harp-L] RP 90 for 120$

martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I my corner of the world right now a new RP 90 can be had for, roughly, 120 bucks.
>   Is that a good deal?
>
> I know Richard Hunter provides a service for them -- but is that only for the higher orders, 255 and so on? My knowledge of these kind of gadgets is nil. IÂm a bit interested, though, after watching RichardÂs videos.

I don't create sounds for the RP90, because the RP90 has no USB connection, and therefore can't load patches from an external source.  You have to enter them by hand, one by one.  I'm not putting myself through that, and I wouldn't advise anyone else to put themselves through it.

Used RP350s in good condition can be had for around $100.  RP255s sell new for $125, under $100 for used. Used RP150 and 155s sell for anywhere from $20 to $70.  Any of these devices is a much better deal than an RP90 in practically every way, and I support all of them with sounds for harmonica.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick