[Harp-L] Harmonica Festival for Beginner?

I just learned that Virginia
Harmonicafest<http://www.spah.org/images/eventlist/events/virginia%20harmonicafes%20t12%20flyer-2.pdf>is
being held close by to me. Do events like this offer much for
beginners?

Here's basically where I'm at. I've been playing for about six months and
have been working my way through Harmonica for Dummies (great book, if
you're reading Winslow!). I can do a good bit of what's in the book. I
can't overblow and am pretty shaky when tongue blocking. I started with a
teacher last week.

I'm sure it would be worthwhile just to go and observe, etc. I can't really
see myself playing in front of anybody right now. I'll probably go either
way, but I'm just curious what goes on at events like this. Thanks.