[Harp-L] A Breakthrough In Every Session

This week, a student who could not play single notes, or bend, suddenly
found it!

He has studied with me for more than a year, diligently practicing, and
cultivating lots of harp skills and techniques. But he has a lip shape that
does not produce the little "O" needed to target air to one hole. His best
pucker is a wide flat oval and always plays two adjacent holes.

We tried tongue-blocking several times before, and the results were
unpredictable. But this week, it clicked! AND in the process, he was
accidentally sweeping through all of the deep bends on draw 3 with a G
harp!. (Most students find bending draw 4 with a C or higher much easier to
start with.)

Ironically, he just ordered a Seydel Spiral (circular, Zirkular).  I
recommended it because every note harmonizes with the one beside it, and
two tones is never a disaster.

I admire his tenacity. He loves music. He didn't give up, even when
progress seemed flat.

Robert Hale
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success