Re: [Harp-L] Tuning and gapping. Gapping and tuning.

First Gap. Gapping affects tuning.

Then tune. Tuning should not affect gapping.

if your tuning is changing your gapping, then look for ways to:

--tune with less pressure so as not to change the gapping.

-- Lift and support the reed for tuning without changing the gapping.

Winsow

Winslow Yerxa
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
Columnist, harmonicasessions.com