Re: [Harp-L] Amp and mic pairing from blows me away dot com

I'm with you. I bought my Kalamazoo from Gregg, several years ago. I use it exclusively on stage. It has killer tone and I have an amp stand with a built-in mic holder, so I can run it into our p.a. I have never, repeat never once had a feedback problem. We use in-ear monitors, so the amp is always right where I need the volume to be.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "B Boggs" <ceudoazul@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:09 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Amp and mic pairing from blows me away dot com

Hello,

Lots of advice on decent amps for budgets and beginning players here lately and I offer an idea.
In regards to Greg Heumann and his Kalamazoo restorations and his mods on Shure vocal mics for his Ultimate mics:

Amps made in the USA from period circuits restored to spec and gig-able through PA appeal.
Restored by a local craftsman who earns an honest wage and spend the money locally.
No questions of buying products that add more pollution and have questionable treatment of those that build the amps.
I have heard and played through many of the new choices and come back to the conclusion that I can buy an older amp, restore it to spec, have a great tone and support lofty principles.

Best regards,

Brian