[Harp-L] Re: Hohner Hoodoo Box 5W amp and Madcat shaker mic or Ultimate mics

Thanks Mike. And I am in luck Richard. Because I haven't bought the Horner
yet but was looking for a 5w tube amp in that price range. What would you
suggest?

On Wednesday, February 15, 2012, Mike Fugazzi <mikefugazzi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Listen to Richard.
>
> On Feb 14, 12:17 pm, Richard Hunter <turtleh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <Thinking of pairing the Hohner Hoodoo Box 5W amp with a Madcat easy to
>> <grip Shaker mic. Now is this a good idea? The other thing I wanted to
>> <know was if the Ultimate 57 or 58 mic would work with this amp? Any
>> <pointers in this direction would be highly appreciated
>>
>> My first pointer may be too late, but here it is: there are much better
5W amps available than the Hoodoo Box for FAR less than the $300-plus
dollars that a new Hoodoo box costs.  Among other things, the Hoodoo box
circuit is hardwired to introduce distortion into the signal, and not the
right kind of distortion (the nice, fat, harmonics-laden distortion
produced by overdriven vacuum tubes), either.  In short, if you haven't
bought the Hoodoo box yet, don't.