Subject: [Harp-L] Robert Bonfiglio out of Surgery

Thanks for the heads-up, Rob.

I just got a response back from Robert and he writes that he  should be
back to playing this week, and performing in 2 to  3 months. Great news!

He was absolutely fabulous at the November Garden State Festival performing
 with Clare Hoffman on flute - his wife; on his own and with you and the
jazz  trio backing. It's the most relaxed and the most fun I've seen him have
in  performance and I thoroughly enjoyed it all.

The entire (Saturday) night was like that, and I got most of it on video.
Knowing how physically fit Robert is (at the Canyon in 2006 he left most of
us in the dust), I'm sure he'll bounce back (thankfully!)

Elizabeth

"Message: 2
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 21:12:51 -0500
From: Robert  Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

My teacher and  dear friend and partner, Robert Bonfiglio underwent ³open
heart surgery² this  week for a ³congenital Aortic Aneurism².
Robert went in for a routine checkup  the week before and what appeared to
be
a heart murmur revealed the above  diagnosis.

I spoke with him today from the hospital and he informed me  the operation
was a success. Robert is an avid runner as part of his training  for his
intense Classical Harmonica and Orchestral playing. The Doctors were  very
impressed with his physical condition otherwise and expect him to be  back
his normal schedule in about 4 months.

Robert is not only a  world class player but really knows how to teach and
wants students to really  attain their goals...he is a huge asset to our
community and I¹m thrilled  he¹ll be around with us all, playing beautiful
music and teaching us all from  his amazing heart (no pun intended,-)

I¹ve had the good fortune to study  with Robert and more recently run
teaching seminars with him. He will be  returning home next week and I
thought he¹d be pleasantly surprised to hear  from his friends in the
Harmonica World so here is his email address....if  you could drop him a
line
he¹d love that as he is not on Harp-l

Stay  tuned for another workshop down the road........

Get Well soon  Maestro!

Robert Bonfiglio¹s email:
bon@xxxxxxxxxx

All the  best,