Re: [Harp-L] Rack

Many years ago, a guitarist that I was working
with came up with this: Take a section of wire shirt hanger, Bend a hook on one end and wrap the other around the rack section that goes behind the neck. Put the rack where you want it to stay and make the hook that length. when you put the rack on and tighten it, the hook will prevent it from moving. It was simple, but very effective.

Bullfrog----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Williger" <rlwilliger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:13 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Rack

Whenever I use a rack, I fight with the thing. It seems like it keeps
moving away from me, especially when I try to "dig in" and bend or overblow.
I tighten the thing as much as I can, but it either slips, or the harp slips
back into the rack.

I saw device called a "harp lock" while looking around. It seems like a
good concept - has anybody tried one, and what do you think? Or, if someone
has found a way to address those problems with the rack, I'd love to hear
about that, as well.

Thanks.