Re: [Harp-L] tuning chromatic blow reeds

I've done it both ways.

   - One reed for slight tuning adjustment--get a friend/spouse to gently
   hold the wind saver back with tweezers (or remove the wind saver), then
   proceed to push up the reed, block it, tune it.

   - Many reeds or much adjustment--remove the plates and save the agony.

George

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Toni Macaroni <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Sorry about the double post. I had the wrong subject line in my previous
> post.
>
> This is a question for chromatic players and techs. When tuning a blow
> reed that is sharp do you leave the reed plates on the harp and tune the
> reed in the manner that Steve Baker's video demonstrates (push the reed up
> through the slot and support it with the reed wrench and scrape near the
> rivet without damaging the valve) or do you remove the reed plate and tune
> as you
> would a draw note?

Harmonica Repair - Done Right by George
Independent Harmonica Technician--all makes and models
Authorized Suzuki/Hammond Service Center for post-warranty Harmonica and
Melodion repairs
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/Harmonica.Repair
email:  HarmonicaRepair@xxxxxxxxx
phone:  (573) HARP DOC [573-427-7362]