Re: [Harp-L] San francisco must see for harmonica player.

On Feb 8, 2012, at 11:50 AM, André Daneau wrote:

> Hey guys i'll be in San Francisco area february 20 to 27. Just try to
> figure out what places and harmonica player i should watch for.
>
> Any advice ?
>
> Thanks.

some wednesday nights ..my friend Rich runs an easy going  jam at Rasselas jazz club on Fillmore.  call ahead to check..Rich Felix..blues jam.

Skips has a Jam in San Francisco...

 in San Francisco...Biscuits and Blues has Junior Watson...( not a harp player)...on the 23rd of Feb...Guitar...player.

If you would consider a south Bay trip...
I recently went to a Blues jam that was run by Aki Kumar...good harp player/ host
it was good..( I had to wait a long time but the musicians were great and nice...)
http://www.akikumar.com/fr_home.cfm  I think it is on Thursdays...( south bay)

also a bit of a drive from San Francisco...Mark Hummel is in Martinez....feb 24th  ( worth the drive)
The club is very small...see link

http://www.martinezvibes.com/webcalendar/view_entry.php?id=1277&date=20120224

If you contact me closer to the date I will fwd you some information...on Harp player gigs...

Grant Walters