Subject: [Harp-L] RE: Is it all Howard Levy's fault?/Roy Orbison

Roy didn't look anything like Don Knotts.

Some more info from that brilliant nightconceived of by Roy Orbison:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PiodNW2Gyo&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PiodNW2Gyo&feature=related)

"From the legendary Black and White night concert a year prior to the death
 of the Big O.............
The backing band was the TCB Band, which  accompanied Elvis Presley from
1969 until his death in 1977: Glen D. Hardin on  piano, James Burton on lead
guitar, Jerry Scheff on bass, and Ronnie Tutt on  drums. Male background
vocalists, some of whom also joined in on guitar, were  Bruce Springsteen, Tom
Waits, Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther, and  Steven Soles. The
female background vocalists were k.d. lang, Jennifer Warnes,  and Bonnie
Raitt."

In one of the clips I clearly saw Kris Kristofferson in the audience and
someone who might have been Linda Ronstadt. No doubt a lot of the then
current film and music luminaries were in attendance.

Here's also an amazing Live version of Roy's 'Crying' from  that same show
which I personally love to sing along with and play on  Chromatic. In fact
it's become a staple during GSHC club meetings:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuBZV59I2F8&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuBZV59I2F8&feature=related)

Elizabeth

Message: 7