[Harp-L] overblows -- other credits

It's not all Howard's fault. But what is Howard's fault is that many of today's young harp players assume that playing and mastering overblows is the  price of entry into the harmonica world. Consequently, many of these players now are fluent in overblows.

Early on, of course, Steve Baker's Harp Handbook had a hand in it, too. I have at least two copies, the edition I purchased in 1990 was distributed by Hohner. It could have been published in Germany earlier. It's now on a third edition,according to Amazon.

So did Richard Hunter's Jazz Harp, published in 1980 with a floppy LP record enclosed. The publication dates probably don't tell the true story because the manuscripts could have been waiting for years while the publishers dithered on whether there was a market for a book among the harmonica playing public.

Both books are still in print and now have CDs.

If you haven't checked out these two books, and you care about overblows, you might enjoy the books and even learn something.

Hope this helps,

Phil