Re: [Harp-L] Overblowing

Arthur Jennings wrote:

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<Retuning the harp is the easiest way to get the missing notes.
<
<True, but you have to be awfully fast to get it done before the end of the song.

I try to show up at the gig 1) knowing what tunes I'm going to play and 2) having the harps I need for those tunes.  That includes any special tunings I need for particular songs.

But that's just me.  I appreciate that some people enjoy the thrill of not knowing what's going to happen next.  I do too, but I get enough of that on most gigs even when I know what I'm going to play.

Thanks, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick