Re: [Harp-L] Overblowing

Richard Hunter wrote:
Brendan Power also doesn't overblow, so far as I know
Brendan plays valved (or at least used to play valved,) which gives access to the same notes. But since valved harps can't be overblown, you are technically correct.

In 2nd position, it is not possible to play the minor 3rd of the I chord (note between 6D and 7D) or the major 3rd of the V chord (note between 5D and 6B) without OBs or a valved harp. These notes aren't essential - lots of great players do just fine without them - but they definitely can be useful in blues. When I learned to play them and made them part of my scales, I found no shortage of neat new riffs to play.

-LM