[Harp-L] Re: Weber Minimass 50w

Jerry

I sometimes use a 50w Minimass with my RI '59 Bassman. It can be useful for smaller gigs, but it doesn't act the same way as a master volume and the crunch and compression varies quite a bit depending on the amp vol etc. It's very interactive. I also find that when it's set fully to 10 it still compresses the amp a little, which can be useful, but to get full amp volume you have to flick the bypass switch. Weber do a special hook-up harness that lets you drive all 4 speakers from the 4ohm socket.

I've never tried it, but you could probably run just 2 of the speakers off the 4 ohm socket, may give a better impedance match, and further vol reduction.

Regards
Tom

sent from my mobile