From: philharpn@xxxxxxx [mailto:philharpn@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:35 AM
To: turbodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reed Tune-A-Matic

This idea sounds feasible for just about every harmonica. Even though they
are "tuned at the factory," many harps are not playable out of the box
without some adjustment.. Also, unlike guitars that can be tuned up and used
by any player regardless of skill or attack, there is much variation among
harmonica players on how hard or soft they play the harp, which affects the
tuning. This device would let everyone tune up to his or her own playing
style. Once set up, the harp would play in tune rather than required an
embouchure adjustment for each reed.

Which reeds would need the adjustment? All. Then everybody would need
special tuners to calibrate their harps!

Phil Lloyd