[Harp-L] Need help with Gary Primich songn "Vermint"

Hi guys,

This is my firms posting here so I hope I'll do it right:)

Last night after work I decided to make a break with the "Smokin'
joint"....and just to be sure I'm talking about song here:).... cause 19
rounds is way too long to play after a long working day..... so I started
learning a new song...it's Gary Primich song called "Vermit".
What confuses me is that after two normal rounds of 12 bars there is 8 bars
following with 7 bars (not sure if I counted it right) of progression which
I'm not familiar with...after that the songs continue in 12 bar
blues...progression for a few rounds and then there is goes same
structure as I've
describe above....it's not that I can't play it cause I can, I just do not
understand if this is something common in blues songs which I need to be
familiar about, or this is something that band just made up on the spot and
that kind of progression is not regular one.

I'm not sure I managed to explain what troubles me as I do not the
technical terms but I do hope someone will try to help:)

I am pretty much bad with music theory but I think I will be able to
understand even if you explain it in technical terms... if I don't there is
always my friend google to give me a hand:)

Thanks in advance!!!

Ana Radzic