Re: [Harp-L] Special 20 vs. Seydel Session Steel?

I have customized and played other custom sp20s and session steels that scream. But out of the box, Both harps need adjustments like most stock harps.

The recessed comb is not my favorite but you can improve both harps by adjusting proper screw torsion and making the reed plates flat. This is huge. Harder to do on session but sp20 easy. You can flat sand to do this or use a large drill bit to remove burrs in the reedplate holes. This is because most manufacturers use self tapping screws that create volcanos of metal on the reedplates = leak when screwed to comb.

I have multiple videos on doing this here www.hetrickharmonica.com click on free videos at top of page.

I will be offering optimized sp20s with this service included early next year. Already offer optimized sessions for less than 100 bucks built by Dave Payne that play like customs.

Sent from my iPhone