[Harp-L] New looped recording using Digitech RP355

Hi all,

I just posted a new recording to my site at hunterharp.com: a live performance of "The Road Out of Here," lyrics and music by yours truly.  This piece uses a pre-recorded drum loop as the foundation for a full band arrangement, built on the looper one part at a time.  All sounds besides the drums are courtesy of a Seydel Session Steel harp in A (I really like that harp), processed through a Digitech RP355 running my patches.  I recorded the performance as it happened on my Zoom H4, parked a few inches from the grill of my Peavey KB2 amp.

I'm sure that this is a unique sound and approach for solo performance with harmonica.  A number of players, such as Son of Dave, Brandon Bailey, and Lonesome Dave Ferguson are using loopers to create harp, voice, and percussion ensembles that put the harmonica in a fairly traditional context (with the caveat that there's nothing very traditional about a looper). My approach is to build an electric rock band out of harmonica parts processed through the Digitech.

I'm continuing to build a repertoire in this style that includes both originals and covers, so stay tuned for more recordings.  In the meantime, check out "The Road Out of Here."

http://www.hunterharp.com/looping-with-the-rp-the-road-out-of-here/

And Happy New Year to all.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"