Re: [Harp-L] SIlvertone tape recorder microphone element info

David if It says Controlled Reluctance on the Back of the Mic you have a Great Find

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Brown" <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:26:36 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] SIlvertone tape recorder microphone element info

I found a vintage Silvertone mic. It came with an old tape recorder. The
box has "SOLD BY SEARS, ROEBUCK AND CO." printed on it.

It is a wand style mic with a round polished aluminum (?) body about 4.5"
long. It is 1.25" diameter at the silver grill screen and tapers down to
the tip. The cord is attached to the end of the body and is outfit with a
low imp 1/4" male jack.

Can anyone tell me what type of element might be in it? There is a warning
printed on the box: "PLEASE REMOVE MICROPHONE FROM TAPE COMPARTMENT WHEN
USING TAPE RECORDER. HEAT IS HARMFUL TO ALL MICROPHONES.", so I am guessing
a ceramic or maybe a crystal?
Also: This is NOT a Voice of Music / Sonotone mic with the an aluminum body
with a gold grill screen.

I tried Barrett's vintage mic museum, and a general Google search. I found
image/examples of the mic, but nothing that confirm's the element type.

Thanks List!