Re: [Harp-L] Powerbenders, powerdraw tunings, and Sub30s...

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 25, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Eric Miller <miller.eric.t@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, Brendan's harps are clearly something I want to explore, I'm about to
> order one of his harp/book/cd packages   My questions:
>
> -  I've never owned or played a top end harp.  I'm torn between Brendan's
> economy priced "own brand" harp/CD/book package ($93) vs. splurging on a
> Harpmaster package ($117) or even a powerbender manji  + book/CD ($171).
> The money is not an issue, but am I paying for benefits that I won't
> notice at an advanced beginner level of playing?
I have not bought theses, but Brendan's quality is great, and I imagine his instructional materials are just as first class as his playing and tech work.

> *-  *Re: *"The POWERDRAW is the most simple and intuitive of all for the
> average player to learn."*....should I be considering a powerdraw tuned
> harp first, and then *graduate *to a powerbender?  Or will I be fine with
> jumping straight to the powerbender?  (I have all my draw bends rock solid,
> and my 7-8 blow bends are decent.  9-10, not so much)
I had never seen the PowerDraw, he must have snuck it in while I wasn't looking!
It looks fine, and the PowerBender is all right, I personally like his PowerChromatic tuning but there is no tonic chord!

> -  What are the fundamental differences between the powerbenders and the
> sub30s?  I'm not considering a sub30 (yet) $219 seems like too much for a
> radical new harmonica alone with no instructional material.  I ask simply
> because their concepts seem very similar to me....but I'm sure they are not.

SUB 30 is a model, not a tuning.