[Harp-L] About Payne boy

Here is the empirical evidence I can present.  Im not taking sides.

Personally I've been playing harmonica for more than two decades. I started tinkering with them I think 8 or 9 years ago. In that time frame I learned how to customize, repair, make combs and cover plates from scratch, make tools. Just when I thought I knew something I met Dave Payne. He is the most knowledgeable and talented harmonica geek I have ever met. I have not stumped him yet and it is getting to the point where I want to carry a notebook when we have conversations. I consider him our most qualified expert for both diatonic and chromatic. I have played his work including custom seydels and chromatics. Reputation deserved.

I have done audio tests over cell phone with him. What key harp is this? Are the covers off or on? What model harp is this? Does this chromatic comb have wood or plastic comb? Dave has 90 percent accuracy with these tests. I often amuse myself with these tests as his ear is remarkable.

In regards to Ross, he seems knowledgeable with his posts, I have had civil email conversations with him, I have never seen or heard his harmonica work. Love to someday! That is all I know about his expertise.

As I give thanks this year I'm grateful for Payne and Scott Hetrick, Fugazzi, and Tracy Wilson (one of my part time employees) as they are my most valuable players and have had the most positive impact on my harmonica world!

Happy holidays

Sent from my iPhone