[Harp-L] Re: Bluegrass harmonica

I just received the latest issue of the Old-Time Herald. One feature in it
lists the winners of various categories at old-time music festivals and
gatherings. I was interested to note that  some include harmonica
competitions along with fiddle, guitar, mandolin, banjo amd sometimes
autoharp and dulcimer. There appear to be a good number of harpers
involved. I will try to post some examples when I can get my hands on the
mag again. It's in our bedroom and wife Bev's still sleeping as I write
this, so I don't want to disturb her. Meanwhile, here's what I find from
earlier an edition online:

*Fiddler’s Grove Ole Time Fiddler’s and Bluegrass Festival* in May in
Sherrills Ford NC:
Harmonica: *Rebecca White; Daisy Millett; Steve Daugherty*.

*Henry Reed Memorial Fiddlers’ Convention* on June 8 and 9 in Glen Lyn,
Virginia:
Harmonica: *Eddie Ogle.

*The first *Highland County Old Time Fiddlers Convention*, held June 14 –
17 in Monterey, Virginia, lists Eddie Ogle among the "open instrument"
winners, so I'll assume he played harmonica based on his listing as a
harper at the Henry Reed event.

More later.

Happy Holidays to all!
Bob Loomis