To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bluegrass Harmonica

eskeene@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I heard a possibly apocryphal story about Vassar
Clements playing a 6th chord on the fiddle while performing with Monroe.
Monroe turned to him and said, "That note isn't in this song", to which
Vassar replied, "Well it is now."-whereupon Monroe fired him on the spot
saying, "It may be, but you're not."

My bet is that Monroe needed Clements more than Clements needed Monroe.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick