[Harp-L] Wayne Raney, Jimmy Riddle, Billy Hutch

     For an in-depth history of Wayne Raney's life and musical activities, you can refer to my book titled " Wayne Raney, That Hillbilly Boogie Boy, Country Crooner, And Born-Again Gospel Guy With The Talking Harmonica". A complete description is listed on my web site in the BOOKS section. A result of several years of research, I believe it contains the most complete discography of Wayne's recordings compiled to date.
     In my previous post about Jimmy Riddle, in addition to his Country Harmonica LP on Cumberland Records ( a subsidiary of Mercury), I erroneously mentioned an "eefin nanny" LP by him on the same label.
      My mistake - the album is by Billy Hutch, on the Time Records label, number S/2009, titled "Eefin-Nanny Down Home". It's in stereo and features some blazing harp work along with the usual "eefin nanny" sound effects. No credits given other than Billy playing harp, but the liner notes cite backup by "a group of the best Nashville musicians who have a basic knowledge of this type of music". The notes also state that "eefin-nanny calls are not overdone since that would become monotonous."  Well, maybe.
Pete Sheridan
www.petesheridan.net

Woman is 53 But Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/50cf89925a9ee9910cfbst02vuc