[Harp-L] X-Reed Harmonicas - Information

Dear Harp players,

We have recently received e-mail with worries which relate to the unfortunate story of Harrison Harmonicas, in which the writers ask if the same thing would happen to us and to our customers. I feel it is necessary to share some information with you.Â
I don`t know everything about what happened to Brad Harrison's company exactly, but knowing some details there are some principal differences between our venture and his.Â
We are not a harmonica factory built from scratch making every single part of the harmonica as was Harrison Harmonicas. We are not even a harmonica factory. We are a 2 person harmonica workshop using CNC technology and parts available for any of us on the market.Â

We have not applied for any loans from any banks. We do not owe anybody, we have no debt.
We do own 100% of our equipment of which my 4 Axis CNC milling machine represents the highest value.Â
At the moment we are not making reeds and coverplates, which would require expensive machinery and we are not intending to do so in the near future.Â
We are not financing any debt from your incoming orders.Â

As stated on our website, currently we are concentrating on Custom SUB30 harmonicas. We have plans to do some more interesting stuff (under R&D), and when it comes to the point, we will do our best to estimate market demand and only take as many orders as we can deal with.Â
Hopefully my engineering background and 6 years I spent in the world's leading automotive factories will help me judging what we are capable of, and what we are not.Â

I hope I managed to clarify our position and ease the anxiety of those, who have suffered a loss from Harrison Harmonicas. We are not Harrison Harmonicas and although we understand the frustration of people having payed for nothing (among them some of my friends) it is not our fault.

best regards
Zombor Kovacs