Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:16 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] flanger purchase advise please

Randy Singer wrote:
<i want to upgrade my flanger.

Flangers are like delays, distortion boxes, and ice cream: they come in a range of flavors, and which one you prefer depends entirely on your personal taste. I used a Boss BF-2 flanger for years, and I liked it plenty. Now I use the flanger in my Digitech RP355 and like it fine.

So what I'd recommend is that you take your money in hand, go to the nearest Guitar Center, and try every flanger in your price range until you find the one that makes you want to play something amazing. That's the best flanger in the store so far as you're concerned.

I do of course think that a Digitech RP is a very good choice for this purpose--for the price of one dedicated flanger pedal, you get high-quality flanging, chorus, phasing, detune, delay, reverb, pitch modulation, etc., etc. Nice to have all that other stuff if you ever get bored with the flanger.

Regards, Richard Hutner

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick