[Harp-L] Two sensational Asian Tremolo Harmonica players

Through the Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival, I've experienced the amazing skill of the Asian tremolo players. However they don't record much, nor have significant online presence. Hence their music is largely unknown to us.

To address this a little, I set up www.tremoloharmonica.com , a small site outlining tremolo harmonica basics. There are some player profiles on the site, I've recently added two more, namely

Yuko Yanagawa (Japan), at http://www.tremoloharmonica.com/yuko-yanagawa

Chang Chu-Ting (Taiwan), at http://www.tremoloharmonica.com/chang-chu-ting

Check these two ladies out, both wonderful players. I met them at the 2012 Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival, they gave me permission to set up the profiles.

Moreover, Yuko played immediately before me in the Gala Concert, to an audience of around 1500. She delivered a sensational bracket on her tremolos, complete with full kimono, then floated off stage. I trudged on. My decision to include a tremolo number now seemed unwise. Thinking quickly, I asked the audience to bang their hands together after my piece if they thought I needed more practice.

A thunderous applause ensued.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com