[Harp-L] u-blocker??? or toe wiggler?

"they gave up
trying to play harmonica because they couldn't roll their tongue"  Amazing, it's so terrible when orthodoxy creeps into any endeavor and needlessly squelches hope.

It's like kissing. There's no one way.   Did you ask, "am I doing it right?" Not since 7th grade, anyway, I hope!   You know when it feels right, and everyone's mouth and tongue is shaped differently, every one's gotta feel their own way.

Thus when I "teach" beginners (at harp, not kissing!), I show 'em the tongue block, pucker and u-block, tho I don't use u-block myself, but some people's mouths just work better with it.

Butter probly used 'em all and rarely self-consciously.   Maybe he showed newbies (Levon!?) u-block too, that first clean note is a tough get for some, but I bet Butter was ecumenical and showed - and used - all the approaches.

More importantly, from what I see on stages these days, is: Did Butterfield wear shoes that were 3 inches longer than his feet?   Why do blues players do that?  Don't they know women know better, and Bozo didn't?

Dave "sandals" Fertig