 From: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
To: MundHarp@xxxxxxx
Cc: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] slide lubricant

After I take my mouthpiece assemblies apart and scrub them with a toothbrush using Simple Green detergent, I rub the slide parts with crocus cloth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocus_cloth) then wax and polish them with Johnson's Paste Floor Wax.  This leaves a very thin, hard, dry, invisible coating.  There is so little wax present that it can do no harm.  I believe that it has a slight lubricating effect.  Mainly it suppresses the tendency to stick and postpones the necessity to clean again.

Because it isn't oil, it doesn't violate Tate's rule.

Vern