[Harp-L] Entry level chromatic

I have a son who is a music student at UCLA and is an exceptional piano and guitar player with a deep understanding of theory. I've given him diatonic harmonicas over the years and he's become quite accomplished. Recently he figured out the theme song to the Simpsons and claims it's in Lydian mode. I can't dispute his findings because it sounds right to me.

He now wants a chromatic to mess with and I thought the Harp-l community might have some suggestions. Should he start with a 270-like harp or possibly a 64? He's a real good musician. I play CBH's and have a Super 64 as well as a myriad of 270's and CX-12's. Any input would be welcome.

I know this thread goes around all the time and apologize for the redundancy. As you can tell all of my chromatics are Hohner but perhaps a different brand is in order (though I do have a weird East German 64 in G that starts two holes below what a normal 64 does).

Thanks