Re: [Harp-L] Key of ? Notes to play?

Yes. I did consider after reading you last, that 'have you' could be sung
as two consecutive sixths, but it's certainly not the way I know it.
Also, I'm aware that the major 7th is available as a 2draw bend, but if you
consider how you would play BBBS
in cross, you would either start at draw2/blow1, which would lead you
straight to the problem zone, or you would have to start at blow 6, which
would take you into the top octave where the major 7th is possible as a
bend on hole 9. I get the feeling that Tony is not at the blow-bending
stage yet, though I might be wrong.
Having (attempted) to teach in excess of 1000 people to play diatonic harp
over the last 15-20 years, I have a fair idea what most people do
naturally, and when it's appropriate to only give part of the story.
OK, so what's a less ambiguous example of the major 7th..."some- where O -
ver the rainbow" That's on the O....but I prefer nursery rhymes for ear
teaching. It's rare that you get a discrepancy about the melody note such
as we had here.

--
Rick Dempster
EÃâÅResources/Serials