Re: [Harp-L] Keith Dunn was:Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee concert vid

Perhpas we can form  a Dunn timeline.  In 1987 to 1991 I went to college in
Sonoma.  Keith lived near there at least as he repeatedly showed up at good
harp shows.  He was at least in his 30s and was kind enough to stand with
me and talk about what was happening onstage.  I remember Jimmy Rogers
singing Walking By Myself and thinking it a Butterfield tune and Dunn
explained I was watching the guy who wrote it.  (Years later Kenny Holiday
would explain to me Rogers stole the melody from TBone Walker's Why not) .

I also remember Dunn being too shy to introduce himself to Musselwhite who
was in the audience one night.  Although I had met Musselwhite before, we
were lesss than acquaintances at that point, but I figured if he needed
someone to introduce him, I would.

I never heard Dunn play until much later when he sat in on one song at a
Slim's show in San Francisco.  Dunn apparently fronted a blues band The
Blowtops or The Blowpops, which I never saw.  Anyone have a CD of Dunn with
a band?
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com